Saturday, June 20, 2009

Halfway


I am halfway through my vacation at home in Indiana. The week has flown by. Fortunately I have another one to enjoy. I've had so much fun with my nephew and niece over the past week. Landon is moving like no other and talking for anyone who will listen. Emerson is a quiet, peaceful baby and a joy to hold and be with.



A few days ago the grandkids went through our grandpa's house to see if there was anything we would like such as furniture, dishes, etc. I was fortunate enough to get my grandmother's china! I never registered for any for my wedding just because it's super expensive and I knew it wasn't something I would need right away. Luckily I waited because I got something better than I could've ever picked out at a store.

Every morning my mom and I have been going on walks. We've enjoyed talking, laughing, and exercising all in one. I've also helped her pick strawberries from my great aunt's garden and weed and trim raspberries. Being here also helps me to enjoy country living. The green grass, tall trees, summer storms, and coolness of the evening.

And I can't leave out our adventures last night. After a great family dinner at Peterson's Steak and Seafood House, I went with the Bontrager family and Aunt Doris to the chief for some ice cream. And then we ventured out to the bowling alley. Now my Aunt Doris is a little 86 year old lady with white hair but who obviously enjoys a good time. She didn't bowl but did laugh a lot while watching Dan bowl.;) And to top it off, Loren won her a stuffed monkey from the claw machine at the end of the night!



I've had great times so far and am excited to start a new week full of surprises.:)

2 comments:

Jess said...

How fun! I hope I get to see you before you leave! Correct that...I will see you :) Hopefully, you can make it out to the lake or something so we can get some Kristina time :) I bet it is nice to be home and I am sure everyone is estatic to see you :)

Alicia said...

We've been so blessed to be able to spend some time with you this summer. It's never long enough though! Love you!!