Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The End

My time in Indiana is done for now. I had such a blast hanging out with my family and friends. I'm leaving for Greece this morning so I figured I should blog about my time in Indiana before I go.

My mom and Emerson

Sisters!

The majority of my time was spent with my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece. (Go figure.) I just couldn't get enough of those little ones and I know that when I see them again they will have changed so much. I hate that I have to miss out on these big changes in their lives but hopefully I won't be gone forever. Who knows, I may just be around when they actually will remember me.:)

The proud parents

Emerson
Landon fully enthralled in Jeopardy on t.v.


So other than hanging out at my sister's house, I also visited my friends Amy, Lindsey, and Erin. Even though high school was 10 years ago it sure doesn't seem like it when I go home. Some of the friendships I have have lasted for a long time and I'm really grateful for that.

I also hung out with The Frye's, Davis's, and Hahn's on the lake and for mini golfing. We had some good times and an adventure. Check out Jess's blog to read all about it.
Landon not enjoying the boat ride.

Emerson sleeping the whole time.

Grace Frye on the boat.

Jess, Grace, Jessica, and Greyson

Boat fire!

I was able to speak with Steven some while I was in Indiana. He told me some really good news. Campbell University, where he'll be attending in the spring, has accepted the Yellow Ribbon Program and his tuition will now be paid for! This is a blessing because it now means we won't have to take out student loans to pay for his college. Lord knows we weren't going to be able to pay for college and our house on just my salary! God has definitely blessed us with that.

So right now I'm waiting anxiously to go to the airport and fly to Greece! He called me last night and said he was in Kuwait already which is the last stop before Greece. So I may be able to see him sooner than I thought!

I'll be off for a few weeks but I promise that when I get back there will be tons of pictures and stories about my time in Europe!

3 comments:

Jess said...

It was so great seeing you!!! We sure do miss you hear but you are doing some great things in NC! I am just so excited about your trip and can't wait to see all the pictures! What an opportunity! And to finally see your hubby...how exciting! I pray for safe travels and that you have the time of your life! Love ya!

Jessica said...

it was wonderful seeing you while you were in indiana. you were a great aunt to little emerson and landon! have a great time in europe with your hubby. :) looking forward to hearing about it!

Alicia said...

I can't believe how fast the 2 weeks went! :( We miss you already. Thanks so much for all your help during your visit and for posting pictures of my kids. Have an awesome 2nd vacation! We're praying for a safe trip and a great reconnection for you and Steven. Love ya!