Sunday, May 3, 2009

We're All in this Together...


Okay, so I probably shouldn't be posting this and might regret it later but this weekend I had a High School Musical extravaganza with Emily! We watched all three this weekend! I had seen the first two already but not the third one so it was good to refresh myself with the first two before I watched the third one.
So this weekend wasn't really about getting our Zac Efron fill. It was more about spending quality time together. Our husbands are both deployed and we spent the night at each others houses on Friday and Saturday. It was nice to have someone else in the house and someone that is just around to do fun things with. We actually cooked and used my grill! Since Steven is gone I use the oven once a month if that often. But it was nice to cook for someone else. We had a good time analyzing the movies (okay, we really just laughed at them while wanting to learn all the songs and choreography at the same time.)
As hard as it is to be away from home, I really enjoy my friends here in Fayetteville. There's always someone to hang out with and someone that will be there for you. It's so nice to have that support, especially during deployments. And half the town knows what you're going through because they've been through it before too!
On another note, I bought my plane ticket for Athens today! I'm meeting Steven there on the 1st of July. We're both super excited but I'm a little scared too. I'll probably get there before he does and I've never been in a foreign country before, let alone by myself. I know it will all work out though and it will be a great moment when I can finally meet up with him. Only 2 months left!

2 comments:

Jess said...

That sounds like the perfect evening!! What a blessing to have great friends in your life! And the trip??? I am so so so excited for you!! You will have a blast and just to be together again...so nice!!! Love yas!

Lindsay said...

Was Emily into the TV show as well? Not that we were or anything, haha!!!