Saturday, May 16, 2009

Great weekend!

I'm so horrible at updating my blog. This is from last weekend. Sorry for the delay.


Amy and I in front of the chapel at Duke University

Last Friday my friend Amy flew in from Wakarusa.:) The trooper left super early in the morning and then spent all day with me in Raleigh and Durham. We first visited the Musuem of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. We semi got lost going there but thanks to Amy's handy cell phone GPS, the lady helped us find our way.:) It was a pretty interesting museum. We were really bummed that the Chocolate exhibit didn't start until the next day but we still found interesting things to do. (Besides trying to avoid the little children on their field trip) I took a day off to get away from kids!


After having a nice lunch in the museum cafe, we then traveled up to Durham and went shopping at the Streets of Southpoint mall. Didn't buy a thing at the mall but I did go all out at Old Navy. It was super fun buying things for my Europe trip in a few months. I did buy a few things for Steven as well.


After my shopping trip, we drove up to Duke University. For those of you that don't know, Amy is a fan. A basketball fan for the most part. (Sorry again about missing Coach K's autograph signing!) I had never really been to the campus so we drove around for a while. It is a beautiful campus! Very green and it has a woodsy feel to it. Unfortunately for us, graduation was going on that weekend so it was a little busier than usual. Oprah wasn't supposed to get there until Sunday though so it wasn't too crowded. I had purchased tickets to see "Little Shop of Horrors" that night at 8:00 so we had a few hours to walk around campus. We visited the Sarah P. Duke Gardens which are very beautiful. My sister and I actually visited that same place 4 years ago. She came to NC with me for a job fair and we visited the gardens. It was neat to be back at the same place and think about all that has changed in the past 4 years!


After we walked around the campus, looking for a place to eat, we ended up at McDonald's. :) We then saw the show which was pretty good for a student run program. Then we had the hour and a half drive home to Lillington. We were both pretty tired and fell asleep right away.
On Saturday I did a little Mother's day shopping and we basically just chilled out and watched movies.

Amy left on Sunday morning. She boarded the plane (almost forgetting her phone) and flew back to the cold state of Indiana.:)

I really enjoyed having her down here with me. We had a lot of fun together. It says a lot when you've been friends with someone for 20 years. My word, 20 years. I don't even feel like I'm 20! But we became buddies in 1st grade after she offered me a chocolate Teddy Graham and we haven't looked back since. Thanks for all the great memories Amy! Love you!

4 comments:

Erin said...

cool! thats funny she went that weekend. My aunt and uncle would have been there, because jordan graduated this year from duke. glad you two had a good time!

Kristina said...

We were actually wondering about that. He's the only person we know of that went to Duke and we mentioned his name. We could've gone!

Jess said...

That sounds like a blast and you and Amy are certainly amazing friends...That is awesome!!! Have a great time in Europe!!! :):):)

Erin said...

AWW! No field day!! that IS very disappointing. They don't know what they are missing! =)