Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where in the world is....








Kristina? You might say, Indiana? No, Alaska? No, Michigan? Nope, I'm in North Carolina! That's right. This is what it looked like outside my window on Tuesday morning. Snow was pouring down and it was beautiful. What made it even more beautiful was that school was cancelled for the day! Yeah! You never realize how great snow days are until you have them once every 4 years.:)






And as it turns out I had visitors to enjoy the snow with. Steven's aunt Robin and the family she lives with came to visit and pick up Steven's car that she will be borrowing until she finds a new one. They drove in on Monday evening and stayed until Wednesday morning. I was kind of nervous thinking I would have to go to school on Tuesday and not get to spend much time with them but God had other plans and canceled school for us! What an awesome God. And I'm so glad he did. I didn't know what it would be like having 3 little ones in the house but it was a blessing. They were all so very good and so very cute! I loved having people in the house again. It does get lonely being by yourself.
Giovanna, the youngest

Yes, those are plastic bags on her shoes, it's called improvising!




Robin and me


So on our day off we played in the snow, watched a movie, drank hot chocolate, took a daring trip to Wal-Mart! (OK, not really, even though we did see 2 cars in the ditch on our way there.) And just enjoyed each other's company. You never realize how much fun playing in the snow is until you do it with little ones. I don't remember the last time I just went outside and played in the snow.I also had a lot of free time to talk to Steven online also which made it well worth it.
Mateos and Andrielly


The three kids taking a break from the snow


That was my unexpected blessed day yesterday. How has God blessed you lately?

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fun day! The snow actually did cover the ground. I bet the kids were sooo excited!! Be safe out there and drive slow...wouldn't want you to slide into a ditch! :) Love ya!

Jess said...

What a fun day off!!! It worked out perfectly...God is great :) He has also prepared you for this huge snow storm since you have experience in Indiana :):):) God has blessed me with a wonderful family and great friends who are a wonderful support group for me :) love ya!

Erin said...

so pretty! I wish it would snow here, Liam would have a blast.
yes, nick is a great dad, its nice that they will have the father/son
time while i am in class. have fun in the snow, hope it stays pretty for awhile for ya, i hate it when it gets all slushy! =) love ya!