Friday, January 9, 2009

December and beyond!

I know, I know, it's been over a month since my last post and I'm really sorry. I've been super busy with the holiday season and then not having a computer while I was in Indiana didn't help much. But now I'm back, with lots to tell you.:)
As you're probably aware, Steven left on the 5th of December. It was a hard time saying goodbye. I didn't want to see him go but I knew this would be the last time I'd have to do it. After he gets back from Iraq he will be out of the Army for good! (Keep praying!) So I dropped him off at his Battalion and then went back to work on that Friday. Overall I feel like I'm doing pretty well. I've been keeping busy with school, Navigator's, and the holidays. I was kind of anxious to see if things would change once I got back from Indiana but so far so good.
Steven is now in Iraq. Not sure exactly where though, near Baghdad I think. He's keeping busy which is a good thing. Even though it means we can't keep in contact as much, I know the time is going by quicker for him.
Steven with some Iraqi kids

So for Christmas I flew home to Indiana. The weather was blistering cold when I got there but warmed up a bit and I got used to it. Negative 24 on my first Sunday but up in the 40's later on. While in Indiana I spent a lot of time with my sister, brother-in-law and my wonderful nephew Landon. He is the cutest thing ever! Notice from the pictures.:) It was so great to be with them and see how much Landon has grown in just a month's time! He smiles now and talks and even did his first laugh while I was there! I also enjoyed spending time with my parents. They are the greatest parents a child could ever have and I'm reminded of that each time I'm with them. They are the most selfless and caring people. If you don't know them, you really need to!
Cold Indiana winter!


Could he be any cuter?
Alicia and me


We celebrated a few Christmases while I was there. We did the annual Christmas Eve at my aunt and uncles house. Christmas day was at my parents house. And the Hahn/Berger/Clark Christmas was at Matt and Alicia's house. We also had our Berger Christmas at Red Lobster. Mmmm, Red Lobster. They were all great opportunities to see family members and spend some more time with them.

Sloan

Landon's baby dedication


Shh, the reindeer is sleeping!


For New Year's Eve I was invited to Amos and Jess Frye's house. We did our tournaments of Euchre, Ping pong, and Guitar Hero. I won the Euchre tournament! (Okay, so not really, it was Amos. But since it was his party I think he didn't want to take the prize. So thanks Amos!) He probably would have won the Ping Pong tournament if Jenn wouldn't have beat him in rock paper scissors.:) But I will admit that fair and square my sister won Guitar Hero! Woohoo! Who knew I had a rockstar for a sister! :) That was a fun night of hanging out and staying up until 3:30 am. I know, if you know me you know my usual bedtime is 9:00 so I was living large that night!

The gals!


Over the time at home I also spent time with the Hoover family. My best friend Amy's parents and mine spend a lot of time together and so when I'm home we usually all get together. Let me tell you, those people know how to have fun!

Amy and me



Overall, my break was very restful, entertaining, and much needed. It was hard without Steven there but I know that this will be the last one without him. Please keep praying for him and his ministry in Iraq. Thanks and I promise I will update more regularly from now on!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Well, it's about time! :) Thanks for the update...even though I pretty much knew all of that anyway!! It was so nice to see you over break, but also a reminder of how much I miss you when you're gone! :( Have a great weekend. Get that cleaning done!

Jess said...

What a great update!!! It was so GREAT to get to spend some time with you while you were here!! You are always welcome to our house when you come to Indiana :) Have a great great week!!! Love ya!

Erin said...

we were there just this last weekend (jan 9,10,11), it wasnt on actual christmas and birthday time,and it was a very quick trip. otherwise i would have definitly gotten together will all of you.=)