Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Obama and my uncle?

I know most of you have already heard but for those that haven't yet, Barack Obama was in Elkhart, IN, about 20 minutes from my hometown, and my Uncle Ed Neufeldt gave a speech and introduced him at a meeting of 2,500 people! My uncle worked at an RV factory for 32 years and last September lost his job because they had to close their doors. I'm not sure how he became so "famous" in the midst but since then he's been interviewed by ABC News, USA Today, and the like. And when Obama came to Elkhart, D.C. asked my uncle to introduce him! My family was able to go and revel in the moment. I wish I could've been there but it was just as exciting seeing him on TV! Here are a few pictures I've gotten online and a link to a story about him from ABC News and our local tv station back home. Ed is a great man and I don't think this experience could've happened to a better person!

3 comments:

Jess said...

That is so awesome!!! I am sure his is a wonderful man :) I wish you would have been able to go too, because then it would have meant you would be in town :)

walkingcloser said...

wow!! that's amazing!! by the way, i really like the pictures you posted of steven in iraq! and it really IS exciting that we're about 3 months into this deployment...which means we're at least 1/4 of the way done! yeah!!! do you guys have plans for his r and r? and do you know when he's taking it?

Alicia said...

It was sooo cool Kristina, and kind of surreal. We're trying to do as many cool things as possible up here to make you want to move back...ya know like asking the president to come speak! :) We miss you. You should be getting some mail from us this week.... :)