Sunday, September 14, 2008

Piano?

Here I sit, supposedly working on lesson plans for next week but not really wanting to. So what better to do than blog to my wonderful friends?

I'm in need of a piano or keyboard. Here's why. I was just standing in the hall after school talking to our music teacher about nothing really. She brought up how she had a nightmare about our principal being upset with her because she hadn't chosen a Christmas program yet for this year. After we all got a good laugh at that she was saying how it's so hard to put on a Christmas program when she's trying to play the piano and direct at the same time. Then she looks at me and says, "You can play the piano right?" I look at her and say "Um, yeah, not extremely well but I can play." So she asked me if I would play for the school Christmas program. After I thought about it for a few seconds I decided it would be fun. I'd like to tune up my piano playing skills. The only problem with this endeavor is that I don't have a piano or keyboard! I could just stay after school everyday and practice but that would get old real quick. So I'm now in the market of buying a piano. Unless someone has a keyboard they're not using. Then I'd be cool with that. I've always wanted to have a nice upright piano though so if I can't find a keyboard we'll go for a piano. Steven already said it would be okay with him since he just bought a new deer rifle. He spends money worse than a girl! But we figure with all the extra money we'll be making during his deployment we can use it to spend on things that will last and we'll use.

So here's my last request. If you or anyone you know has a keyboard I would appreciate borrowing it for a few months. I'm going to Indiana the first weekend of October so if any of my Hoosier friends have an extra one lying around I could borrow it and bring it back at Christmas time.:)

8 comments:

The Brown's said...

We have a keyboard, I will ask my husband if he still wants to keep it. He hasn't played it for the 3 years we've been married, lol.

Jess said...

How fun! You are so stinkin' talented!!! You will do great!! Love ya!

The Brown's said...

Are you wanting to borrow or buy it?

The Brown's said...

I spoke with my hubby and he wants to keep it at the house, sorry! :(

Anonymous said...

I checked my closet, no extra piano in there. Haha!! =) Can't wait to hear your skills! Get together soon??

Jessica B said...

Hey Kristina! I have a keyboard with adapter that I have had since I was in 4th grade. I am pretty sure it still works :) I will test it out but you are welcome to borrow it for however long you need it. The keys are not full size but it is a good size one that is good for practicing. Let me know if you are interested and we can take it to your mom and dad's this weekend when we are home so it will be there for you to pick up. Just send me an email!

Alicia said...

Oh mom will be so proud to read this post! :) Way to take on a big responsibility!! Hope you find a keyboard to use. If not, you could always cart our piano down to NC with you! :)

Alicia said...

when are you gonna blog about your new gift?!?! :)