Sunday, October 19, 2008

What's been going on?

Well, not a whole lot really if you want to know the truth. Since we got back from Indiana a few weeks ago Steven and I have been pretty much hanging around the house on the weekends, getting our work done and just enjoying each other's company. I love spending time with my husband because we have so much fun together! Last week at Bible study I was asked the question, "what's the best thing about being married?" My answer was, "It's like having your best friend around all the time." It truly is. We can make fun of each other, wrestle with each other and laugh until it hurts!

We had an FRG meeting last week where we found out Steven's deployment window was the week of November 16th. As of now that's about 4 weeks away. :/ I'm not sure if I'm just not really thinking about it or it hasn't really registered with me yet how long that time is going to be. I remember thinking through the last deployment that I never want to go through that again. And I didn't think we would have to. He was supposed to be out of the Army in October of this year but now he can't because of the stop loss. So we'll have to make it through another one. I know that God will be with me through it all and he will keep Steven safe. I was reading in my Bible the other day in Luke where Jesus says,

9 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

This got me thinking, "ask and it will be given to you". Well, what I really want to ask God for is the keep Steven home and not deploy. But can I ask for that? Is that going against God's will? So I've decided to word it like this, "Lord, I really don't want Steven to deploy but if he does please allow him to be able to minister to the men he's with and keep me close to you throughout the deployment." So I'm still asking God to let Steven stay home but if he has to go I want him to be able to work for God's kingdom.

So sorry this post didn't really have much of a point. I just wanted to share a little of what's been going on with me. I'm going to leave you with some pictures we took through Steven's FRG. A professional took them and we really like them! What do you think?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some very cute pictures. I would love to have a chance to do something like that. I will be thinking of you and Steven in the coming month.

The Brown's said...

I loev the pictures! The last one is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures turned out really good and, Kristina, your hair is soooooooo long! I can't believe it! Anyway, hope you're doing well and we'll be praying for you guys. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are really nice! I'd love to have a copy of one or two of them. Is that possible? The long hair . . . wow! I've never seen your hair that long! I hear you donated 6" to Locks of Love! How cool! Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

Kristina . . . I don't know why it posted me as anonymous . . . it's your self proclaimed "mother-in-law"!

Anonymous said...

Hi my sweethearts,

The pictures are adorable and I bought some photograph paper so I will print them out. I didn't know you had a somewhat definite date for Steven to leave. I can't believe it's only a month away. I loved reading your blog about God's grace and how he will protect Steven and you. We will be praying also. I will be talking with you soon.

Love,

Dad & Mom

Jess said...

Wow...we heard at Bible Study about Steven. But I know that he will do amazing work for God and that he will be kept safe! You both will be in my prayers! YOUR PICTURES are AWESOME! You guys make such a great great couple!!!

Alicia said...

The pictures are absolutely gorgeous! And I'll definitely keep you guys in my prayers. The year will go by quickly...especially if you come visit Indiana often! :)

walkingcloser said...

i LOVE your pictures!! that's awesome that someone from the FRG did those pictures! what a nice thing to have as he leaves this next month! a.j. is leaving nappanee on november 10th. yuck! but i'm sort of ready to get this thing started so it is over with soon! i will pray steven doesn't have to go...because God does work miracles like that...but also that the year will go really fast for you guys if he does have to go! are you dreading it more this time than last time?