Sunday, August 17, 2008

Friends



Since Steven's been gone I've been trying to keep myself busy with things to do. I've enjoyed having time to spend with my friends that I usually don't get when Steven's around. Not saying that he doesn't allow me to have girl time, it's just that I want to spend time with him when he's here.

Since Steven left my friend Lindsay has been staying with me. It's been nice having her around. Especially in the evening time when I get the most bored. We've had fun cooking together, going on walks, decorating the house, and watching "High School Musical: Get in the Picture" on TV. Well it's not like I could watch it if Steven was around! I don't want to put words in Lindsay's mouth but we both secretly enjoy it.;)

LIndsay and I with our deployment message to Steven

Yesterday a couple that Steven and I are friends with, John Mark and Bethany, moved into a house. Bethany was there to help Steven and I out when we moved so I was glad to help them move and paint their house. From that experience I've learned that no matter what you're doing, if you're with a group of people that you really enjoy and respect you're going to have a good time. I tried my hand at painting their bedroom but realized it was not for me. Thankfully I realized that before I started to paint my own house so that makes my decision final on getting a professional painter! The only thing I felt remotely confident at was painting around the trim. I'm not much of a roller girl. Emily and I also helped Bethany put some of her kitchen supplies away. Even though I had done it only a few weeks earlier, I envied her for the fact that she gets to make the decision of where she wants her things and how to set it up. It's a fun process to go through!

After helping the Benson's move and paint I went home to get ready to babysit for the Hardins. Scott was our realtor for our house and Deanna, his wife, is a teacher's assistant at my school. Since Scott was so helpful with our house, Steven and I got them a gift certificate and a free night of babysitting. They decided to take us up on it very quickly.;) I've been babysitting for them for the past 3 years. They've got 2 boys, aged 8 and 4. The boys are great and no trouble at all. We played a couple of games of hide and seek, watched a little bit of TV and then they went to bed. It was a pretty easy night.

John Mark, Stu, and Luke painting

All in all, I'm grateful for the extra time I am allowed to spend with my friends. I miss my husband dearly but am thankful for the people around me.

5 comments:

Jess said...

What a great update! Yeah, I am not a great painter either! Jenn and I spent a whole day painting the living room at my house and Amos came home and did a third coat because he said it was streaky! :) Oh well, we tried! It is so nice you have such close friends to spend time with! We are thinking about you! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh, its no secret, I do enjoy the High School Musical show. Haha! See you tomorrow night! =)

jenn said...

oh yea! love the time you spent with your friends and all the help you provided...amazing! love ya lots..m.e.

Alicia said...

It would've been nice to know that you weren't a good painter before I asked you to help paint our bedroom years ago! :) I thought we did a pretty good job on it!!

Alicia said...

Waiting for an update...:)