Tuesday, June 24, 2008

1st one!

Okay, okay! Since I have so much fun reading up on my friend's blogs I decided people might like to read mine as well. If not, then that's ok too.
There is quite a lot going on in my life right now so I thought I would share it with those of you I don't get to talk to on a regular basis. Here's one big drama going on right now.:)

Staying in Fayetteville



I went back to Indiana last week for an interview with Middlebury Community schools. They totally called me out of the blue back in May and wanted to interview me for a teaching position. Now I had sent out my resumes to just about every school I could think of in Northern Indiana back in April just to see what would happen. After about a month of not hearing anything, Steven and I decided that Fayetteville was where God wanted us. We are involved in a really good ministry here on post called Navigator's. We feel like we are really making a difference and working hard for God. So needless to say when I got the call from Middlebury schools I was a little confused. I asked Steven what he thought I should do and he said just to try it out and interview for it. So I did.

Believe me, it wasn't easy telling my principal that I had an interview in Indiana when I had already told her that I was staying next year. But I have been very blessed with a wonderful and understanding principal who knew I needed to do what I needed to do.

So I flew back to good old Wakarusa the 11th of June for my interview on the 12th. The interview went well. I wasn't really nervous because I knew I didn't "need" the job. It was just kind of a practice run for me to see what would happen. I should probably tell you that before I went up for the interview Steven and I were still decided on staying in Fayetteville unless God definitely showed us differently. He didn't. I felt the interview went well but I didn't see that God was telling me to say. So needless to say it was hard, very hard, to tell my family that I wouldn't be staying but I knew it was the right thing to do. And my family was very very understanding of it as well. I know it was just as hard for them to let me come back to Fayetteville but they wouldn't want me to do something against God's will.

What made it even more difficult was that I never heard back from the school before I told my family what I had decided. So I really was doing it out of God speaking to me. That was one of the hardest decisions I had to make. But God is good. When I came back to Fayetteville I had a letter in the mail that said I was not chosen to work at Middlebury schools. Thank you Lord! I always need that extra reassurance and God knows that. I got it from Him which makes me feel 100 times better.





So here I'll be for the next who knows how long. My husband is deploying (again) in November and then wants to start school down here. So we'll probably be here for at least the next 5 years or so. Which means we'll be moving into a house sometime soon. That will be my next blog.:)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Yahoo I am the first comment on your very first post on your very first blog! And what an honest blog you decided to share! It is very hard to be honest with your family when you know they all want you back here so bad :) All of us do miss you over here, but following God's will is most important. I know He will do great things with you two! Can't wait to read more! Love ya!

Alicia said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you decided to join the blogging world. But what's up with my name not showing up on the blog list?? :) I'm sure you'll get all the kinks worked out. I'm glad I'll be able to keep up with you through blogger. Now maybe I'll get rid of my myspace page! :) Miss u!

Jessica said...

hey welcome to the blogger world. i just saw the link and thought i'd check it out. i hear a lot about you from alicia, but now i'll get to hear it first hand! :)